Life Long Learning Strongly Encouraged Here
Do You Want To...Move With Poise...Maintain Function...Keep Your Vitality?
I do! Can any movement practice add that much quality to your life? I know it can, I'm living proof!
In 2003, I began seeking answers to my own health issues and pain. Step by step, what started about me became about helping others, then it became my job, then my purpose.
Now Whole Life Movement has become a community (an online, travel friendly, pandemic proof community, thank you Zoom!). How did we get here?
- 2005 I became a licensed Neuromuscular & Structural Balance Therapist
- 2009 my practice became focused on adults 50 and wiser
- 2013 Certified as a teacher of Therapeutic Yoga
- 2015-18 Certified as a Somatic Educator and teacher of Movement Intelligence®
- 2018-22 Training in the Feldenkrais Method® of Somatic Education (Neuroplasticity)
My life's work is about helping your brain and body enjoy better communication. I bring all my nearly two decades of study and experience to every lesson.
How can I help you?
My classes are for people that walk, sit and stand...are curious...and love to learn.
This is a foundational movement practice that can enhance whatever you love to do for fun, sport, and health.
Our focus is on function. You will learn to use your movements to update your brain's software. I will be your guide every step of the way.
I offer three ways to work together...
- one to one lessons
- online subscription based group classes (WholeLifeMovement.com)
- in person series classes and workshops for functional learning purposes (Climbing Stairs, Lifting Safely, Walking with Grace, Better Balance = Better Life)
Together we can discover the perfect combination to fit your needs and learning goals.
What do we do in class?
We learn and grow together, each of us in a unique way. Come to class, use your senses to catalogue your experience, pay attention to how you move (not just that you move).
Gently, without judgement you'll cultivate awareness, slow down, recognize habits, reduce effort (Less pain more gain), distribute effort across the whole of yourself, discover new options, practice variety.
Sound difficult? Don't worry throughout the lesson I ask questions designed to invite curiosity and help you make discoveries. Through this form of inquiry you begin to notice, how you do what you do. You will make space for play, novelty and more movement choices.
It's just that simple.
Here is what I have learned, the nervous system is self-organizing. Somatic Education works because it affords you feeding your brain more accurate sensory data, which in turn helps your brain make a better motor plan. You move better = You feel better.
After class, you simply go on with your life. Your nervous system does the rest. Before you know it, you are doing things that used to be difficult with ease. You start doing things that surprise you, without consequences. I hear all the time "I did, fill in the blank. I was shocked I wasn't even sore the next day".
Best of all, you get to say yes, when, before no was your only option. You learn to take care of yourself in a whole new way.
When you have more movement choices, you enjoy more freedom, you get to do what you LOVE!
What do I need for class?
I bet you already own everything you need to attend class from the comfort of your home. Once you subscribe I'll send you a nice introductory video that explains everything in a little more detail...
- Technology that can help you link to a zoom meeting
- For floor classes: An open space on the floor big enough to do a snow angel, one or two blankets folded in half to use as a mat (think 4'x7' a yoga mat will not do, way too small and thin)
- Props: a couple of bath towels, hand towels, a garden kneeling pad, and maybe a scarf (if you have trouble reaching your feet)
- For chair classes, occasionally we will work leaning against an open space of wall; it does not have to be large, but wide enough to support your whole back. Also, it is very important your chair has no wheels, no arms, is a good height for you, and has a flat firm seat, benches can also work.
Sound fun? Still wondering if my classes are right for you? Answer the questions below...
Are you tired of thinking about, correcting and fixing your posture, but it never lasts?
Do you think about your balance more than you would like?
Would you like to get on and off the floor with ease? Out of a chair with less effort?
Would you like to have more poise? Vitality?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you are one of my people.
Look, aging with grace is no accident. But, it can happen with commitment, time, attention and intention.
Become a member of our community, take your first steps to freedom, ease, and (dare I say) 🤩 JOY. I'll be with you every step of the way.
We all have experienced setbacks, I'm here to support your comeback. Come join us!
Ready to subscribe? Click start your journey below. If you have questions and/or would like to create a plan targeted to your needs, let's talk...
You can't teach anyone anything. You can only create the conditions in which they can learn.